Before going to Chrome, make sure you have Python 2.7 downloaded & installed : Python 2.7
The following instructions are if you are using Windows and Chrome or Opera:
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Xat changed the way Clients connect, so we will work around this:
- 1. Download Requestly (Chrome) or Modify Header Value (Opera) extensions
- 2. For Chrome: Open Requestly then select upload rules on the top right corner (here) and use the "request_rules.txt" file from the mods folder.
- 2. For Opera: I haven't used that extension but try to mimic this behavior: http://i.imgur.com/AQXVVO8.png | /^https?:\/\/xat\.com\/web_gear\/chat\/ip2\.php/i > http://localhost:10101/ip2.php
- 1. You must set your browsers PAC file by going to: Chrome://settings/search#change%20proxy
- Settings > Browser > Network | In Opera
- 2. Press: "Change proxy settings..."
- 3. In the popup, press "LAN settings" (near the bottom)
- 4. In the new popup, check the box next to: "Use automatic configuration script"
- 5. In the textfield next to "Address", enter the proxy address | Disable autodetect configuration.
- Example: http://i.imgur.com/Ljvr2Sd.png
- 6. Press "OK" to exit the popups
- 7. Then delete your cache for the past hour by going to: Chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Settings > Privacy | In Opera
- 8. Check the box next to "Cached images and files" and delete the items for the past hour
- 9. Run start.py, open xat (or refresh your page) and wait for the console box to say "Done SWF".
- 10. Once you get the "Done SWF" message, close the console box, run start.py again then sign out and in on xat.
- 11. You should see a message in the chat saying that "Client bot running on port 12345 and 10101."
Things to note:
- If you try to open a new page and nothing loads, close the console box and repeat steps 9 to 11
- If you want to disable the client, go to step 4 and uncheck the box for "Use automatic configuration script"
- The command code for commands is @ and any message you send starting with @ will not be sent to anybody, only you will see it.
Important notice before you do anything:
- You absolutely need Notepad++
to edit the Client comfortably.
- You absolutely need to know how indentation
in Python works. This is 99% of the time the most common issue people come to me with. Learn to indent properly.
- Notepad++ sucks with indents & Python; Solution: Settings > Preferences > Languages > Python | Tab Size : 4 | Replace by space (Example
Other important notices:
- Follow-up to a small poll I held a few months back, client users can now join a discord server for instant client help. https://discord.gg/FDsygwV
- You understand that you are using a Developper oriented version of the Client.
- You understand that anything you edit in LBot.py, any other file or do with the Client is completely under your responsibility as far as xat.com is concerned and so is the error resolution.
- Having issues with the error resolution? Don't forget to print
expected outputs; Use exceptions
; Double-check indents; Run LBot.py in IDLE for debugging.
- Having issues with the error resolution? Take a look at these common mistakes
and try to avoid em.
- Having issues with the error resolution? Don't forget the most important tool at your disposal: http://www.google.com/
- If you are inexperienced with Python programming feel free to take a look at the documentation
or sign up for codecademy classes
- Last tip; Examine Twin's Client source
for ideas on how to code a client in relation to xat.